Tuesday, June 24, 2003

My Second GM TreatmentandHow I Got to Speak with Dr George Michael!

I'm back from a trip to Dallas for a GM treatment! It was a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll miss something I wanted to tell y'all about it but I'll do my best.

First off I picked up LongHairRennie at her place Saturday morning and we chatted all the way to Dallas! She's a sweet lady with fine looooong red hair. I have never seen such red! I kept my sunglasses on in her presence! 8) hehe.









Our appointment was at 2pm and we made it despite taking the wrong I-35. (tbear, you need to give me a lesson on Dallas highways) We gave up trying to figure it out and took the speedy tollway and arrived without more delays.



Bill was as sweet as ever, he gave us hugs and welcomed us. He knew we liked pictures and reminded us that he needed to take before shots. What a thoughtful guy!
Snippet and Rennie, before the GM treatment







me in a bunch of rollers
Then he got to work on us: Rennie was first. He did the usual wash, sectioned off hair and slathered on lots of the 1hour treatment stuff and then wrapped the hair around on top of her head. Then she was in the beautiful pink heat cap for an hour. I was next. After Rennie's timer went off, he rinsed her well, applied the cream rinse and then combed her, put in the rollers and put her under the dryer (106° = ten degrees above body temp) for another hour. Then it was my turn. I think this shot is after I'd been under the dryer, but look at them rollers! :shock:

During all this we chatted and pounded Bill with questions. Rennie was very good and remembered all the questions about GM theories and opinions; I listened a lot :)



While we were under the dryers, Bill took a break and made a few phone calls. I didn't hear anything cause I can't hear with the dryer noise and besides I had just bought the new Harry Potter book to keep me busy ;) But at one point I did hear him say "Dr Michael this is Bill" and I wondered who he was talking to? Darn those loud dryers. Then after a bit he gave the phone to Rennie and she talked on his phone. Strange, I thought. Then Bill bent closer to me and said "Dr Michael wants to talk to you next. He's 85 and has a Russian accent" I was astounded so I said "get outta here" and he told me indeed it was him on the phone! I was so excited! After Rennie talked for a bit, I got to talk to Dr Michaes!!!!! What would I say? I didn't have to worry a bit, cause he's a charmer and loves to talk. He already knew a bit about me and my hair (I guess Bill told him while we were drying) but he asked a few more questions about it and he said he was so happy I liked the system and that my hair was beautiful according to Bill. He told me that he wanted me to take pictures and send them to him. He said to do it soon cause his birthday was coming up and it would be a nice present for him! Can you believe it? :D Then .... this was wild..... he said to be sure to add my phone number and address, because he will call and thank me for the pictures. And he said to give him a time that is good to call, because he hates to talk to machines. I can't remember what else we chatted about, but I know I did tell him how happy I was with the GM products and Bill's work. When he closed he told me how he couldn't wait to see my hair and it's beauty. Then he said "Well it was a great treat to speak with you lovely Carol, now let me talk to Billy" I nearly laughed at the Billy remark!!!!



After all that, I HAD to tell someone. So I left a message on Tbear's phone, but that wasn't enough. Dulci couldn't believe it when I told her! I was freaked too, it was very weird to speak to the man himself!









Whew! Back to the treatments.... he unrolled Rennie and did a split end trim on her hair. He didn't do that at the last visit I had so this was new for me to watch. He took little sections (about 8 or so total) and twisted the hair. Then he spotted and clipped selected hairs that stuck out. It didn't take long, Rennie must be doing a good job by not using rubberband and ponytail holders. Bill doing a split end trim on Rennie's hair







Rennie after the treatment Then he combed her out fully and trimmed her ends. It's beautiful don't you think?







Then it was my turn. He unrolled me, combed it out then dusted the ends! I got a dusting! He also said I was tailbone length! I didn't think I was but wasn't too sure if I knew where tailbone was exactly (yes I do know my anatomy, but you know how terminology gets sometimes). He took longer than usual on the dusting - Rennie said my hair flipped weird and Bill was trying to sort it out. I think he did a great job - here's a pic of the GM flip on my hair. see the signature GM flilp at the bottom of my hair?







my hair after the treatment, so soft shiny and silky! And this is my after shot! I'm at 37 inches now! The pic looks shorter than tailbone, I'm going to have to disagree with Bill. I'm not at tailbone - yet.

We loved our 'new' hair! It was past 6pm by then and we were starved. Rennie knew a great little rolled sandwich shop there that was delicious (Rolly Polly I think it's called) We didn't have time to shop so we skipped that part, but that's okay, cause we'll do that at the Austin meet next month! Rennie had a game to attend so I dropped her off to play and have fun. I went to see 'Alex and Emma' - good love story ;) After all that, we headed back home to Austin. It was a looooooong day, but very worthwile.

No comments:

Post a Comment