Thursday, March 20, 2003

My Hair of Yore



















































school photo My 1st grade picture after I got my long hair cut. Still cute as a button :)
3rd grade. The beginning of the helmet hair years (3rd, 4th, 6th grades). My hair was so thick it just hung around my head. Bangs created a barrier that even radiation couldn't penetrate. Small objects would bounce off that hair. I did like those wispy-ish bangs I had though, but I think they did that because they were getting longish. I don't know how my mother let me out of the house with bangs that almost touched my eyebrows! school photo
school photo school photo
school photo Ok, stop laughing at the glasses. My sister was lucky in that her eyes got progressively worse each year requiring new glasses. I on the other hand got new glasses every two years. yuck. Anyways, this is my 7th grade picture. My hair is growing and my bangs are pinned back. I must have started to let them grow out. Funny, I always remember myself as having bangs in my youth.
school photo I don't know where my 8th-10th grade pictures are. I know I had a Dorothy Hamil wedge done then. 11th grade - probably the best year of my youth. This picture is really dark, but I like it. No bangs anymore!
Senior year. I had my eyes dilated just before this photo was shot. I SWEAR I wasn't stoned. My hair is really looking good. Nice ends, don't you think? Shoulder length was pretty long for me, when it reached that point I always got it cut. school photo
old photo 1981. Engaged. Longish hair, and I'm back to having bangs that cover my forehead again.
Graduation from University of Texas at San Antonio. The beginning of the perm years. Don't ask how that mortarboard stayed on my head, I think there were dozens of bobby pins. Obviously I didn't care for the complete horizontal look I sported back in the high school photo. I liked this perm, it was wash and go. And it gave some lift to the top of my head. I always thought my hair was flat on top. I didn't need the height being 5'-9". old photo
old photo 1991. I just had my first baby. Soon after, I cut and permed it. This was extremely long hair for me. I think it was BS length.
1992. Viola! Perm! a little curlier than usual, but easy to care for. old photo
old photo 1993. Viola! no perm! Yes my hair does grow fast. You can still see the perm at the ends of my hair, but I liked it because it curled and framed my face. As if I needed more framing of the face - what was I thinking? Big red glasses???
1994. Back to straight hair again. old photo

No comments:

Post a Comment