Tuesday, March 25, 2003

the quiet one

Grace also went to multiage classes in elementary school. I put her in the class because she's so shy I thought she'd do better knowing she'd have the same teacher for 3 years. Grace was in multiage for Kinder, First and Second. After multiage she went to regular classes. She was still shy, but not terribly so. However, each year, when we had the first parent/teacher conference after a few weeks of school, the teacher would tell me how little Grace would talk. One teacher told me it wasn't until that very week, that she actually heard Grace say something!

Now, Grace is in 6th grade and you probably can't shut her up when she with her girlfriends. She's grown so much is a lovely young lady. I'm very proud of her. She's smart, kind, and enjoys having fun. At first I was worried she'd be too much of a bookworm, but she's doing just fine all around. She plays violin and volleyball. She's in all honors classes and the TIPS classes too. TIPS is the gifted/talented program in her school district. TIPS classes are a level above the honors classes. She's doing very well in all her classes, but I hope it doesn't pressure her too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment