Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Getting Rid of the Flakes

I've always had a problem with flakes. That's one negative thing about having dark dark hair - everything shows up light a neon sign. At first I thought it was due to using the same old shampoo week after week. Then it was not rinsing well enough. Then it was the change of the seasons. At the GM treatment, Bill suggested I should brush my scalp more often. That only made the flakes smaller and more numerous!

This time I think it is dry scalp. All my life I've thought of myself as being an oily. Maybe and maybe not. I'm not going to worry about what went wrong then, I've got to deal with this scalp now. If my scalp is dry, then it needs moisturizing. So my plan for the past week is to condition my scalp in addition to my hair and see how the flakes react. So far, I have noticed a definate decrease in the flakes! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'll keep this up for at least another month to confirm my findings.

-- posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003



UPDATE: I think my test is working. I've been conditioning my entire hair including the scalp and have noticed a significant decrease in the number of flakes! After I shower and comb out my hair I used to see flakes appear on WET hair, now I don't see any! This IS a major major improvement in the health of my hair as well as in decreasing my stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment