Friday, April 18, 2003












Mickey signing autographs for the kids This is the first page of our scrapbook. We went in the summer of 2000; it was hot but still very enjoyable. This trip takes planning because there is so much to see and do. I read through the guidebook I bought and talked to the kids to choose our top choices for each park - the things we absolutely had to do. After that we filled in the trip with rides and shows. We decided to take advantage of the park hopper passes we bought and see two parks in a day. I chose parks that had Early Entry for those mornings, and we stayed at Magic Kingdom for the late hours. In between parks, we went back to the hotel to nap or swim. Also on some days we visited the water parks.
I bought autograph books and large fat pens (the kind that can write in several different colors) so the characters can sign with their big fists. Each one of us wore a fanny bag. In the kid's fanny bags were their Gameboys, candy, disposable camera, and autograph book and pen. Also, a water bottle fit on the outside of the bag. My bag had my keys, money, some snacks, glasses, wipes, and my camera. The bags were crucial to our enjoyment of the parks. During long wait lines the kids would play on their Gameboys. Many families commented that this was a smart idea, and the kids were very happy to show the other kids their games - instant friends. The snacks were helpful for those times when someone gets hungry and you know it will be an hour or two before you have a chance to stand in another line at a restaurant.




If you want to see a larger picture of the page, click on the image. To return, hit your browser's back button.

At the bottom of each set of pages I'll try to describe the scrapbooking involved. This is my very first scrapbook, I'm sure you can see the amateur work but hopefully you can see the progression I've made in reading and looking at other's works. I tried to use a lot of different methods and layouts to see the variety in scrapbooking as a hobby.
This page was made at my very first scrapbooking 101 class. I cut out the Mickey character from a set of Disney papers I bought. The lettering for the title was a royal pain. I cut out each letter by hand (and knife) and then cut it out again but larger the second time. I have forgotten where the letters came from: a stencil I think. Or was it a diecut? The Mickey head was made from a quarter and two dimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment